Being pregnant and giving birth to another life is one of the most ecstatic experiences in woman’s life. Although pregnancy experiences are unique and variable, depending on the mental as well as physical well being of a woman; every mother would wish to breeze through every second of it to feel complete. However, some women experience a really hard time while getting through a difficult pregnancy.
Causes of complicated pregnancy
Multiple times both mother’s as well as fetus’s health is associated with complications during pregnancy. Reports have stated that a woman can experience them during pregnancy due to a variety of reasons, such as:
- High Blood Pressure: – Hypertension is often characterized by narrowing of oxygenated blood carrying arteries. During pregnancy due to reduced flow of oxygenated blood to the placenta, growth of the developing fetus is hampered. Moreover, the mother is at an increased risk of going into preterm labor and preeclampsia.
- Gestational Diabetes: – It is a condition associated with a sudden increase in the blood glucose level during pregnancy. If not given proper attention, the condition can lead to preterm labor, problem giving birth, etc.
- Miscarriage: – Miscarriage is referred as the pregnancy loss, due to natural causes generally within 20 weeks of pregnancy. The signs of miscarriage include vaginal spotting, unusual bleeding, the passage of tissue from the vagina, etc. It is important to check for these symptoms during the specified period and seek immediate medical attention, to avoid getting through difficult pregnancy.
- Anemia: – During pregnancy more iron is required by the body and hence has to be supplemented with medicines. Iron deficiency during this period can induce complicated pregnancy symptoms like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, etc. If the issue is being ignored continuously throughout the period of pregnancy, it can cause problems giving birth. Etc.
Complicated pregnancy symptoms
Although it is very difficult to list out different symptoms to warrant immediate medical attention, some of the general concerns can be noted herewith:
- Severe Nausea and vomiting
- A significant decline in baby’s activity level
- Early contraction or labor in the third trimester
- The breaking of water sac
- Severe headaches, abdominal pain, and swelling
- Early signs and symptoms of flu.
By keeping a record of these symptoms, you can easily manage to get through a difficult pregnancy.
Can these complications be prevented?
- Women are advised to get their thyroid check to avoid problem giving birth.
- The time when a woman decides to conceive, doctors suggest a supplementary intake of iron and folic acid. This can be helpful in preventing all pregnancy-associated
- A calm mental status and strong physical fitness are the keys to avoid preterm delivery and risk of miscarriage. Thus, doctors always suggest incorporation of yoga to manage stress levels.
Tips to survive a difficult pregnancy
If you are already experiencing those difficult nine months, some tips mentioned herewith can be helpful in the management of high-risk pregnancy. Let’s explore them further:
Self-care is the best care
Taking some time for self-care is probably the best thing to bring in the difference. The entire period of nine months is special for a woman. Indulging in some self-care routine, like taking a warm bath, reading, practicing yoga can be much helpful.
Accept the fact that you are a different person
No two women can have same pregnancy experiences; in fact, no two pregnancies of the same woman are common! That is the true miracle of nature. During the pregnancy, it is very important to embrace every ebb and flow of all our body functions. Women should accept that pregnancy could mean being sick all the time.
In that case, it is better to allow nausea to run its course and navigate attention to some other interesting things. Besides, doctors always recommend intermittent uptake of fluid to pacify nausea related symptoms.
Live every second of it
Since the time a woman is expecting her first child, she has to understand that she is going to experience the growth of an unbelievable experience inside her body. It is simply incredible to feel that your belly is growing and expanding. So women who are getting through a difficult pregnancy should be reassured that the end results are going to be great; and will be worth facing these temporary hardships.
Thus, offering mindful gratitude for all the blessings and a good time can be helpful in the management of high-risk pregnancy by reinforcing all that is positive.